13 May 2011

RudianBM

Although it's fair to say I keep pretty well abreast of current events, it's not often that I watch the news.  Partially I find myself irritated by the commercials, although I think I just more-or-less dislike that stereotypically 'American' anchor voice.  It's the spam of accents, devoid of flavor or charm... but that's neither here nor there, so far as this little blurb is concerned.

Even reading the news online, one cannot escape the near-ubiquitous promotion of social media bastions Twitter and Facebook.  Twitter particularly bugs me, I suppose.  It's a network that devotes itself to the by-the-minute update of people's personal mundanities, of every thoughtless blither and vacuous mood swing, peppered with the moronic OMGs and ROFLs and the like (Lol) that will keep Orwell spinning well into the next century.  Call me a stodgy old Luddite bastard (go on, do it), but I'm bugged past reconciliation with the idea.

Bearing this in mind (or don't, it really doesn't matter) I'm pleased to announce the launch of RudianBM, to keep the world afloat of my each and every movement.  It's one of those half-baked sorts of ideas that end up getting scrawled onto a bar napkin and implemented later in the wee hours of the morning.  But unlike the tribal armband or the poorly worded text to a once-was-significant-other (once was, before said text), I can look at the previous evening's handiwork through my daytime eyes without regret.  Yes, "I think I'll go with it," this somewhat unnecessary adventure into personal exploitation.  If nothing else, it's a bit of a throwback to those asinine hijinks of my college days.  So what the hell, let the unrelenting flow of information commence!

No comments: